Monday, March 31, 2008

Need a Laugh? Read on...

Here are two at my expense!
1. O.K. so it snowed all day yesterday. It was a wet snow and as we were walking to church, one of the kids thought it was funny that some people were carrying umbrellas. I told him the snow felt nice. Well, on the home, Atlas suggested we walk through the parking garage to not get so wet. I said that it was such a short walk to enjoy the snow. Once home I went to the bathroom and saw my self in the mirror... My mascara had run. It was above my eyes, below my eyes- I looked like a scary lady and not one of my kids told me! No one that I chatted with did either! What must they think?
2. This morning I put on waterproof mascara and headed off to work. I dropped off my kids at school and drove to my school. My car sort of slid into the parking space and I gathered my purse and lunch bag and thermos full of hot tea and opened my door. I stepped out and slid completely on my back landing between my car and the next. My purse and lunch bag with my thermos both landed right side up! I shut my car door while on my back and debated how to get up! I pondered crawling to the sidewalk, but found that slowly I could stand! Amazingly I was not hurt. Wet, but no pain and no one saw! I wish they had. I am laughing now just thinking about it. A video would have been so funny! I was so surprised though. It has been a long time since I have slipped.

And where is SPRING????

5 comments:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

Oh that is so much my life!! scary, but to much the same. I have sympathy for you.... but it tells a great story. i hope the rest of your week is great.

Megan and Vinny said...

you made me laugh out loud!!! i adore you...

Elizabeth said...

Slipping on the ice was always a fear of mine. I slipped a lot at Ricks but not in Utah.
I thought my days were over here but my ankle just gave out on my front path and I went down hard. I had the baby too. But luckily he was in a front pack so I didn't drop him. My yard was full of people also but somehow no one saw.

Cammie said...

Bird, those are some funny stories! I'm glad you didn't get hurt. One time I was one my way to work for a dance class a few years ago and I slipped in the parking lot and really hurt myself. I went to work anyway and NOBODY came to class!

Suzy said...

AWESOME!! Bridget, you are so awesome to share such embarrassing, yet, cute stories about yourself!! I wish I could have seen the mascara. I'm sure you were still beautiful!

You know what they say . . . its only funny until someone gets hurt . . . and then, it's HILARIOUS!

But I'm so glad you didn't get hurt!! I once fell on my tailbone so hard (slipped on ice)--it ached for a month!