Saturday, March 1, 2008

express


The other day as I was getting in the door from taking my kids home and to dance etc, I was thinking that I didn't have time to cook dinner. That really disappointed me. I have laundry lists of menus and dinner ideas, even quick ones. But that afternoon I was plum tired- making me extra disappointed. I cook dinner almost every night. Like 99.9% of the time. Going out to eat is sort of a let down- especially with 4 kids. Not to mention the cost... I can make them eat my food at home, it is so much harder making any kid eat in a restaurant... Threats work so much better at home! Anyways, I love to cook. It is part of my identity. Sunday brunch, Friday night home-made pizza... French food, whatever. I don't think that I am so great a cook, but I like it and I hate going to a restaurant and coming home thinking that I could have made it. Granted I live in a little city and the food here is fine, but cooking is a passion of mine. So, I was so happy to find a late Birthday present on my door step from Charla, even more happy when it was a cookbook and an express one! I flipped through it right away and decided to make a spanish tortilla. I hadn't made one before and had been wanting to and had all the ingredients on hand. Everybody loved it and I wished that I had made 2! Thank you so much Charla!

5 comments:

suvi said...

I love to cook too, but as a single girl in new york city, i get too busy and tired to do ever actually do it, which really stinks. This week I think I've eaten out nearly ever meal, and it has been such a pain 9not to mention expensive!). I can't wait for life to slow down a bit enough so i can try yummy things for people I love to eat.

Cammie said...

How fun! And you ARE a "so great" cook! In fact, you are amazing.

Elizabeth said...

I concur, you are a wonderful cook! I just requested that book from the library. That tortilla looks yummy. It looks like something Kalani makes.

Michelle said...

Bridget you are an amazing cook! And I feel the same way as you about eating out- we never go to Italian restaurants because we make good Italian at home. It is VERY rare that we leave a restaurant feeling that it was worth it. I do love and always leave happy from the Sundance Grill. I love Spanish tortillas. I'm sure your's is wonderful!

charles said...

I still tell Peter that your pizza is my all-time-all-star favorite.