Tuesday, March 11, 2008

while I'll never be cool to my kids...

I just found my Bob Marley CD and we played it this morning as everyone was getting ready for the day. It reminded me of 2 summers ago- Living in California I was feeling like taking a trip down memory lane and was listening to Bob and UB40. The kids hated it. It was torture for them, but I am the driver, it is my car and I am in charge : ) Fast forward to last summer- Atlas started going to the neighborhood skate shop. One afternoon he came home and he was asking for the Bob Marley CD AND singing one of the songs.

here is a little treat... a slide show to the redemption song... Don't you love it?

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I found and old CD recently and popped it in the car. It had been way to long.
I remember when I would listen to it over and over again.

Michelle said...

I love Bob Marley it reminds me of my honeymoon in Maui. It makes me think of beautiful weather and relaxation. Thanks for the reminder!

charles said...

No one makes music like that anymore. No one.

Midge said...

I'm sure your kids think you are cool, all they have to do is to go to there friends houses to realize how lucky they have it.
I just came across this site and it made me think of you.
http://www.gaddieandtood.com/

Bridget said...

I love the site! So very cute. Thank you.

Cammie said...

Bridget, you are too cool for school you hot mama!

Cammie said...

I just bought a Bob Marley CD!

Jeanne said...

Hi! My name is Jeanne. I don't know if you remember me, but I am Marley's mom (she's in Leif's class).

Anyway, LeAnn gave me the link to your blog. And I have to confess I have been lurking. Your kids are so cute, I die from the cute. I know Marley really misses playing with Leif. I would love to get to know you and your family better.

So, just to be fair, here is the link to my blog
http://g-knee.livejournal.com/

Mine isn't nearly has family oriented as yours. And I am terrible about posting. But now we are even. :)

My email is ggknee@gmail.com.
So...can we be friends? lol

I hope we can talk soon. And don't think I am weird. This seems a lot weirder than I am, in real life. lol