Sunday, March 16, 2008

I have been Tagged...

I was tagged by Suzie...

O.K. Seven Facts about me:

1. I was a teenage bride! I was married 1 month before I turned 20. I see girls at 19 and 20 and think that they are so very young, but I was ready and Rich and I have lasted 12 plus years.

2. I love to travel. I love to see new places and visit old ones. The first time I went to Europe I thought that I had died and gone to heaven. I was 18, on my own and stayed for over 3 months. It was most liberating and confidence boosting (if that makes any sense). I stayed with friends of friends in an arab village in Paris, hostels all over and with a friend who had been a foreign exchange student at my high school. I went where ever I wanted and called home occasionally! France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Czech Republic.

3. My one major regret is that I didn't go to grad school. I got accepted to the Hebrew University in Jerusalem and was offered a scholarship. I really should have accepted it. At the time though I didn't have support. My whole family (and husband) was against it. Looking back Rich and I talk about how it would have been so very cool- oh well....

4. I went for 6 weeks to the Middle East with a sister-in-law and an 18 month old baby- a consolation trip in lieu of grad school. We had one backpack and a really cool baby backpack. One night in Cyprus we slept on the beach in sheets- there was no vacancy at all anywhere. We awoke to some old fisherman laughing- I think about us. Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Cyprus, Turkey, Greece and a few nights in Germany.

5. I really like working!

6. I am not naturally blonde anymore- surprise surprise. I don't know what my hair color is except that is is darker.

7. I have had all drug free/natural births and my last 3 have been at home!

2 years ago Francie and I went to Sequoia National Park. We encountered a few bears and had a fantastic time. We are planning on returning this summer...

I have tagged:
Cammie
Charla

9 comments:

Cammie said...

Ok, this is the third time I've been tagged so I'm actually going to do it!

Cammie said...

AND that pic is so wonderful!

charles said...

We love that picture. We think Paris has the most rockstar hair ever.

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

I love that picture, and I remember what a beautiful bride you were, I loved your hair!

Cammie said...

She did her own hair too! It was like a princess.

Megan and Vinny said...

bridget, you were the prettiest bride ever! your happiness just shined. and that photo is so gorgeous! love you!

Suzy said...

Yay!! Bridget I'm so glad you responded to my tag!! I loved learning more about you. I didn't know you had THREE home births!! Wow!! I really admire that. I hope my next will be at home (when I get pregnant!!)

Your travels sound so exciting. You are very blessed that you got to do what you did. My biggest traveling was my mission. I've never gotten to go back.

I wish we were neighbors. You are so cute and so fun! You should post a wedding picture some time. Love, Suzy

steph said...

Bridget- I love knowing some fun facts about you. What a great picture!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

Your food always looks so yummy!