Monday, March 3, 2008

My new best friends!

It was time... I got a job and I am working almost full time- the entire time the kids are at school. In fact I work at a school and am the new technology teacher for the mobile lab! Paris was bumped up to full time preschool and is so happy. They day before I even applied for the job she said that she would not go to school unless she could stay the entire day! Her wish was granted! Well, my new best friends are fantastic! They are making life so much easier in my very long and hectic day. My first best friend has been around forever, but we didn't do much. But now she is working for me while I am away...today she made me chicken tacos! Ok, she just cooked the chicken, but that was enough!
And my other best friend just speeds stuff up for me! I grew up with her and I just got a new and updated version as she wasn't working for me properly!
They have been so great I had time to make a celebration cake for myself in the meantime! It is the carrot cake from joyofbaking.com- the best baking website! And since I am working with integrating computer and learning I found the greatest website for kids. I showed it to my kids and each one thought that it was the greatest site ever!
http://www.nga.gov/kids/kids.htm (sorry you'll just have to cut and paste- links weren't working!)
your kids will love it... and so will you. Our favorites are the Dutch house and still life, but there is so much more we haven't explored!

3 comments:

Cammie said...

You crafty gal! That cake is beautiful.

PS. Can I hire you to make a Birthday hat and banner for Soren's B-Day? I'm not doing a party until after the real date so there's a bit of time still.

Bridget said...

of course... We are making him a present. We'll send the banner and hat with it! xo

Elizabeth said...

I want that cake right now. I love the cake plate.
That website is great!