Monday, April 7, 2008

growing up

My Saturdays of late have been my grocery shopping day. I get it all done in the morning and then relax the rest of the day. Well this past Saturday I was at Walmart earlyish in the morning. As I got all my groceries I also went looking for undershirts for Emilia. In the Girls' department there was a mom who was buying what look liked a first bra for one of her daughters. The daughter was so embarrassed and kept hiding behind the clothes rack as the mom was picking up bra after bra and checking the size etc! It reminded me of getting my first bra- way before I needed it, but so wanting it. My mom took me and of course my sisters and a friend who's mom wasn't around, to Mervyn's. I think my first size was a AAA and it still didn't quite fit! And I can still feel the embarrassment when I forgot to wear it a few times in the 7th grade even though I didn't need it. Thank you girl's PE!

O.k, on to more important matters: I found the very best chocolate chip cookie recipe. It comes out great every time- even when I half the recipe. When halving, I use the pound plus dark chocolate bar from Trader Joe's- one of the few benefits of a traveling husband. It freezes well too. I put many scoops on a cookie sheet and freeze them for later.

6 comments:

Colett (*.*) said...

In 6th grade I remember writing every night... "dear diary, I really want a bra!" I didn't really need one until I was in 9th!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

i remember thefirst bra too. How can we forget! I want your recipe! and what is Richard doing now you said he travels. David does too, it would be fun to catch up.

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

I just saw that you posted the recipe. i have used that before and it's really good. I love Parchement paper. i use it for everything!

Cammie said...

I totally remember forgetting to wear a bra in the 7th grade too!

charles said...

I remember shopping for a bra with mom and Desiree! She actually needed one. I, on the other hand.... We were both so embarrassed, but there was strength in numbers.

I'm going to try your cookie recipe right now.

miss you.

Cammie said...

ps. i just looked at the recipe and that most make a lot of cookies. I'm going to try it! Jason will be happy.