Monday, January 14, 2008

Self portrait Sunday


I am not at a white sandy beach. I am standing in flip flops in the snow! Finally we have our amazing hot tub-hot. It is a cedar tub that is heated by a chofu stove. Rich has been researching tubs for a few years and has helped a few friends get one. We finally have ours. The water was coming in at 130 degrees and I did stay in too long and I did get over heated and I almost passed out, but it was amazing. Outside it was 20 degrees and the water was 110. We had to add snow to cool the tub down, but we are in business. Richard has decided that we don't need food storage. In the event of a disaster we will be selling hot baths. I would pay a pretty penny or 50 pounds of wheat to get clean...

8 comments:

Jason said...

I'm dying from that photo of Richard! And yours is great too. How perfect is that to have a hot tub in the snow. I would love to come over right now and jump in. So great!

Cammie said...

yes, that was me:0).

Elizabeth said...

That looks so great in your snowy backyard. How fun!

Cammie said...

PS. you have pretty feet!

Michelle said...

totally awesome! We'll have to look into that someday. How many people can you fit into it?

Cassandra Barney said...

I love it! you guys are the coolest people in all of Utah Valley.

Bridget said...

We can fit 2-3 adults, but our whole family fits!

charles said...

what's a chofu stove?