Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A new year


Sometimes I get a little sad when Christmas is over. January stinks and it is long... it is even my birthday month! This time it has been so busy that I haven't gotten sad at all. Here is my list of nice things that have happened so far: 
my lemon trees are blooming, 
I had lots of help taking down the Christmas trees, 
I got to see all my sisters, 
I have been married 12 years! 
school is back in session- ie no kids in the morning and I get me time,
a fresh start!
No resolutions!
On a side note, we try to have a nice breakfast once a week. This week was no exception. We had apple crisp, apple scone cake, a mushroom and asparagus omelet that was so yummy I still want some, a side of artichoke hearts and tomato sautéed in butter, fresh strawberries and raspberries, toast and turkey bacon for the kids!


4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That looks great. I am a fan of the big breakfast. I am glad you got to be with all your sisters too. There is nothing quite like that.

Cammie said...

that food is heavenly!

charles said...

No Resolutions here, either!

yummy food!

I like January! It's a nice sobering up period after Christmas gluttony. Maybe that makes it sort of cruel, too...

I've been so anti-cooking lately.....I can't wait until you come and visit!

Megan and Vinny said...

wow... what fun! and that breakfast sounds heavenly. wanna come cook for us? i am so glad that you got to see all of your sisters. what an awesome christmas present. and happy birthday month, too!