Wednesday, December 19, 2007

on having a four year old


My baby is 4. She is magical. Somedays she throws 4 tantrums in 10 minutes at the grocery store. She says funny things. She told her preschool that I am going to have another baby. I am not! In a dressing room as I was trying different sizes on her she says out loud, very loud: Mom touch my boobies- they tickle! She gets cuddled almost every night by me or her big sister. She wears tutus anywhere, over anything or just alone. She still gets carried around in my arms and never pushed in a stroller. She makes peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and licks the knife during the process. She has eaten almost all of the candy on our gingerbread house that only she wanted to make! She cries some mornings and doesn’t others. There is no pattern. Something might make her happy one moment and furious another. Even as the baby of 4 kids, she still keeps me guessing.

4 comments:

Cammie said...

She is like a little spunky Charla with all that cuddling and sass. I love her!

charles said...

i love her, too. i'm glad you saw my ode to paris. she is so creative and talented...and hilarious.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sun moon rainbow farmer said...

I can't believe she's four. Ah, we miss your family and wish you love, snuggles and... A Happy New Year. Come visit us in New York- you are all welcome anytime.