Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gift Giving

My parents are very hard to buy for. In fact I can't remember the last present I actually bought for either one! I have gotten creative and given them photo albums and treats, maybe a book or two. I was thinking about them today and I started laughing as I remembered a few years back when one of my little sisters bought a really nice package from Lehi Roller Mills for my dad who was in town. My sister was living a few blocks away at the time and my dad spent Christmas with me and my family. My dad was saying goodbye to me and my kids and he reached in his back seat and gave me a pancake mix and some syrup from the package! I held my laughter in and I don't think I told my sister, but one of the next few times she came over she inevitably saw the loot! We both rolled our eyes and laughed.
This is a picture of my older sister, my dad, me and Cammie. We- me, my dad and Francie visited Cammie in Scotland earlier this year. It was a surprise for Cammie. She knew my dad was going to visit, but had no idea that Francie and I were coming too!

3 comments:

charles said...

beautiful laaaaaaaadies.

that is too too funny about dad!

hey, I'm going to see you in a week! tell your little darlings to get ready!

Bridget said...

Oh my gosh! They can't wait. Leif is very disappointed that you won't be waking up on Christmas morning with us! It is project galore here. You'll soon see what me and kids have been working on!

Cammie said...

I miss you guys!

Charla--I like your new photo!