Monday, December 3, 2007

A snowy day


We had our first real snow fall on Saturday. We awoke to a quiet white. Leif got up first and he looked out his window and immediately awoke Emilia. After that it was chaos. Gloves, socks, boots jackets, tantrums, gloves again and again and again! After breakfast they finally made it outside.
All day long we had a pile of wet accessories by our front door. In the evening we took the kids sledding. Paris was a riot. In years past she was cautious. This time she got on her sled and plowed down the hill! I was so surprised. I laughed when one time she didn't get on it fast enough and it went down the hill without her. Without waiting she ran after it. It was so funny to see her chasing the sled! I made vanilla cupcakes... This by far is the nicest recipe that I have tried. Moist, flavorful- perfect! It is from Martha Stewart and it is better than the Magnolia recipe or the joyofbaking one! I frosted it with chocolate buttercream and sprinkles- the big kids got one in the lunches- they'll get another if they bring back the containers! Aren't the containers awesome? I did some crafting... Rich thinks that I am crazy.. or at lest this latest creation is.

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How perfect that the first big snow came on Saturday so the kids could enjoy it.
I was just thinking about your Christmas trees and how great they look in front and through your big window.
Kai asks to see the skeleton in the baby bed picture several times a day. It is pretty much always open on our computer. He sits in front of it and asks all kinds of questions about why Paris put it in there and so on. He loves it.

Bridget said...

The skeleton is now in a bird cadge that someone gave to us- I should send Kai a picture!

charles said...

Oh my gosh. I can't wait to seeeeee you!!!!!! (and your little children!!)

charles said...

give me more photos!!!!!

Bridget said...

when you come to visit, I'll be taking a lot of you!

charles said...

so....the golden compass....worst adaptation ever. we were sorely disappointed!

charles said...

like, there were extreme changes from the book for no reason at all! what was chris weitz thinking?

Cammie said...

The kids are gorgeous as always! I just love Mila and Paris' faces together. I bet wood floors come in really handy with the snow and when it melts off of clothes.

Cammie said...

PS. I think there is a pop artist inside of you waiting to pop out! :p)

BirdieMann said...

It was great to see you at the Beehive Bazaar! I'm so glad you came and said hello. I was telling some people afterwards about the Merry Christmas banners and I found out you made them. They were my favorite things there, so cute!

Suzy said...

Hey Bridget,
This is Suzy Gallup! I found your blog through Noelle's blog. I have been perusing it although I always feel like I should ask permission first!!

How are you?? I haven't seen you in soooo long.
Your children are getting so big and they're GORGEOUS!! What a beautiful family you are.
I didn't know you were such a cook! I'm going to have to try your recipes. I hope I get to see you next time I'm in Utah. Send a Christmas card if you can, I'll send you one if you give me your address.
Love, Suzy