Friday, June 20, 2008

What do you do in the summertime?

Summer is in full swing now that Emilia's full length ballet production is over. This was her third and it will be three more years before she is in another! I was ready to have a break down driving her to lessons and rehearsals and performances. So when it was all over I made two loaves of whole wheat bread, a tart au chevre and pea crustini, and a pear tart tatin. All in one day (the kids ate the goat cheese tart but didn't like it and love the pear tart tatin). They had friends over all day and left me alone to cook and bake. The next day I made three sock monkeys. Last night Atlas and I stayed up way too late. He is working on a sock elephant. I loved having him sit next to me and sew. It was so funny when he got frustrated threading a needle. We had some real interesting conversations. We talked about police and skateboarding, wolves and coyotes. Today we relaxed and went to the pool and then made cookies. I now have 8 pounds of frozen cookie dough- each in one pound blocks. 4 chocolate chip and 4 oatmeal raisin with dates and and toasted pecans! I have company coming and must be ready!

5 comments:

Megan and Vinny said...

the sock monkeys couldn't be cuter! fresh bread sounds so delicious... i don't bake so i guess i'll have to make a trip to the farmer's market tomorrow for the awesomest 9 grain bread in town!

charles said...

my little monkeys holding monkeys!

What about the cookie recipe?

charles said...

Peter is anxious for that.

Jason said...

Wow, you have been busy and it all looks so good and cute and perfect! So, is Emilia taking a break from ballet or just performing? I really wish I could have seen it.

Can I commission you to make me a sock monkey too???

xoxo

Elizabeth said...

Yummy food. Who is coming to visit? I wish it was us!