Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summer Has Started!



My first errand of the morning was to get chick food, so what did I do? I got 5 more chicks! I found out that I can have hens in the city and so now I have my own little flock. The hen house is in the works so when it is done I'll post some pictures of it. It will be similar to Poppet's. We completed our weekend project: our rose arbor- I still need to plant the roses, I baked a loaf of bread, my peonies are in bloom and I made an incredible breakfast pizza. I first had a taste of it in Big Sur last year and ever since then I have been thinking about it. I topped it with fresh arugula from the garden. Perfect!

10 comments:

Cammie said...

Everything looks so perfect and beautiful! I love the photos of the peonies--they look so much like ranunculus.

That pizza looks so yummy too!

Bridget said...

I planted two rows of ranunculus! They have just started to come up... I'll post pictures when they do.

suvi said...

the chicks (yours and the birds) are adorable!

How do you make that breakfast pizza? it looks so yummy!

charles said...

oh leif has lost some of his teeth!--bird, he looks just like you.

charles said...

poppet has some tasty treats!

Midge said...

You are an inspiration girl. From your cute kids to your perfect bread and pizza, yum. Have fun with those chicks.

Elizabeth said...

What great summer photos. They make me miss you all so much.

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

Everything looks so great! I can't wait to see pics with the roses on the arbor.. what a fun project.

Colett (*.*) said...

LOVE the arbor I have been looking for about a month on a way to make my own, maybe I will steal your idea!

Megan and Vinny said...

wow - your house is so pretty! i love the chickens, vinny and i dream of having fresh eggs. how fun for your lovely children. your peonies are spectacular!!!