Monday, May 18, 2009

Paris

There are lots of things that I want for my kids and it changes as they grow. One milestone is that of my kids when they turn 5. I want them to be able to ride a bike, tie their shoes and wipe their bum. Well, my youngest is half past 5 and a few weekends ago she got bike riding under her belt. She is the only one that I have taught to ride. I have always provided the equipment and given them a few encouraging pushes or steadied them and then the siblings or neighbor kids did the rest. It was lovely. Here we are in the city, live on a hill and have no neighbor kids. As Paris was past ready, I finally took it upon myself to introduce her to balancing and riding. It was awful. She screamed, cried and even threw her bike down - all on the sidewalk in a lovely Park and in front of expensive flats and I am sure that I looked like a child abuser. I didn't yell, but I did make her stay get back on when she pushed it over! By the end of the hour we called dad and brothers to watch. I am glad that once a person learns to ride he never forgets! And now she rides to school which makes the "walk" so much faster and has been asking to ride a bigger bike! (this really is a video, but it would NOT load and I was ready to throw my computer, but alas I did not and I am hating apple and NO video...)

School is out for me (the kids in 6 weeks)- exams are over and now the fun begins! This is why we are here- to see Europe or at least the UK! Our next getaway is N.Ireland for a long weekend (there are a few in the next month) in a 2 hundred year old cottage on the beach. We are taking a ferry... I am told it may rain the entire time. Glorious green, emerald island. (I really hope it is sunny)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on exams being over. I hope it is sunny for you too!

Bob and Joan said...

Proud of you Paris!!! You can conquer the world if you don't give up. You will be just like your mommy.

Bridget, congradulations on another semester of law school under your belt! ! ! ! ! !

paigemoe said...

You amaze me. I don't know how you do it ALL. You are my idol.

Giandrea said...

Well good thing Paris didn't know how frustrated you got with your computer or she might make you get back on... without yelling at you of course (wink).

Cammie said...

I heart you and Paris.