Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summer

N. Ireland was beautiful. We stayed here

We had our own private beach and a little herd of cows.

My kids are brave. We hiked and crossed the rope bridge. I was ready to stay behind with Paris, but she didn't even consider not crossing. I was nervous, not being too fond of heights! On the way back- (we had to go back) Atlas was swinging it.

We went to the Giant's Causeway, something I have wanted to do since I was little.

Saw crazy murals, walled and fenced neighborhoods, and even watched a parade- it last hours and we got stuck in the middle of it and had to watch it! It was pro UK.

All in all it was fun and very cultural. It rained and we hiked in the mud. It was sunny and cool, but everyone swam in the Irish Sea (not me- I like it a bit more warm).Richard the human Ferry. We were looking for Puffins.


I am LOVING this little tool:

I've sewn 15 tutus and 14 mouse tails for the girls' ballet performance later this month. The little machine is great. I just might have to take this back to the states with me.

I am learning to play this:

I can play (sort of) and sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". My mom played the Ukulele and I have always wanted to. In 5th grade I sang in the talent show "Somewhere over the Rainbow" while my friend played the piano. My kids all know the song and we all try to sing while I try to play! Anyone know any good teach yourself how to play books? Youtube has been pretty good too!

10 comments:

Giandrea said...

it's pretty great to live vicariously through you. Love it.

Bob and Joan said...

Beautiful post! What great ways to spend time off from school - music and treking. Thank you for opening the world for your sweet children.

paigemoe said...

I wish I was your kid! I hope they know how lucky they are and know what an amazing mother they have. You truly are an amazing mother.

Bob and Joan said...

Atlas, I was glad to hear that you swung the rope bridge for your family. Thank you for keeping up a family tradition. Northern Ireland looks wonderful. Love, Grandpa Bob

Ramona said...

Wow, Ireland looks amazing! That is one place that I have always wanted to go and have never gone yet!! So glad that school is finished for you and that you are pursuing your many talents--seriously you have so many. Cristy and I were together this weekend and we both talked about you and how brave you are for this big adventure that you are on! Check out my blog post on our Paris trip!

Shauna said...

Beautiful photos, they make me wish I was there.

charles said...

Looks so beautiful! We want to go to N. Ireland someday to find Peter's ancestors.

I couldn't see the video. What was it?

Megan and Vinny said...

lovely, lovely... i would also love to see photos of the tutus (please?).

megan

mmattin said...

It looks like summer suits you all! What great adventures you get to have. Maybe someday we'll have the guts to live like you guys!

KarenM said...

Haven't been on your blog in awhile and it is great to see you all. The kids are getting so tall. I swear Atlas is Richard; it is crazy how much they look-a-like. Even though it sounds like everyone is getting a little homesick you guys are going to have this experience forever and it will shape what you do next. It is all very exciting. xo K