Thursday, April 23, 2009

One of my goals while here (Scotland, not Italy)


One of my goals here is to never take out the trash. I still do most of the cleaning and all the laundry and the cooking. Richard helps with the dishes occasionally, but he doesn't clean the kitchen nor do all the dishes. Though he did once while here and it was fantastic. We were told we had an inspection but they never came! Whatever fits in the dishwasher is good and he is done. So even when he does the dishes I do too... So back to the trash. We once had a discussion of cleaning many years ago when I complained that he never put his stuff away. He said that we fix what bothers us. His clean clothes on the floor didn't bother him so therefore he may or may not do anything about it. So I took to either ignoring it, or when I couldn't, put it away. The trash really bugs him when it is full and I make another pile in a bag next to the trash he is SO bothered. It doesn't bother me so I do nothing about it. I'll ask a kid to take it out or Rich will take it out, but I won't and it feels really good to ignore it. (Rich might disagree with what I have written, but it is my blog... : )

Italy was great and it has gotten me thinking about another move. Italy is so much warmer and sunnier than here... My poor children!



11 comments:

charles said...

You guys are so beautiful! We are excited to see you in July!

Your trip to Italy looks like it was amazing. It is finally warming up here and we are loving the sun!

Jenny said...

i am in mourning for atlas' hair :(

The Lingo Family said...

I am loooooving the pictures, you all look wonderful. And AMEN sista to the trash situation! I refuse to ever do it as well. I tell my hubby, it is a "man's" job. HeeHee.

Elizabeth said...

Those beautiful darlings in front of all those beautiful places. I am glad you had a great trip.

Bridget said...

Jenny- me too! It was so hard to see him for the first little bit and my consolation is that it will grow!

Cammie said...

Come over please! I'm house bound and need a change of scenery.

Love the photos too.

Ramona said...

Chris hates that trash thing too. I can't believe that you still do all of the cooking and the cleaning?!! Where is the justice?--hey you are in law school right? Fight for justice!--ok, that is just all of my anger coming out as I do most of the cooking and cleaning at my house too even though Chris and I both work full time--ok, we'll save that discussion for a Women's Studies blog or something! Hey we will be in Paris with the kids from May 13th-20th and then down near Biarritz until the 26th or so. Any chance of a return to the Continent around that time for you all?

Giandrea said...

I heart Italy.

lucy said...

Stand strong girl.

charles said...

You know how people in the background of your photos are forever frozen in time--in your photos? Well, I wonder how many of those each of us are in and we don't even know it...

I'm praying for you on your exam!

Unknown said...

My heart leapt when I saw you in Pisa. How I wish to be there with you. And the 200 yr. old cottage!! Let me just say, one way or another, we are coming to see you. (It may take me robbing a bank, but I will do whatever it takes.)
Everyone looks fabulous. I cannot believe how tall and handsome Atlas is looking these days. I almost didn't recognize him, he looks so old. Has he passed you up yet?