Thursday, April 2, 2009

unmotivated


I have a ton to do, but instead have been looking on everyone's blog that I know of and reading all the celebrity gossip and looking at anything that will distract me from what I should do: write. So I'll blog to waste a bit more time... The last few weeks have been terrible! The first disappointment was Atlas breaking his arm. Both bones in his forearm. Skateboarding. Then he got the stomach bug. At first I thought it was a reaction from all the drugs they gave him at the hospital, but it wasn't. Think big kid, a lot of poopy laundry! right arm not useful... Then Emilia got her eye scratched by Paris flailing her arms with a tube of toothpaste. Being a great big sister, she was helping her brush her teeth and Leif thought it funny to turn off the bathroom light. There are no windows in the bathroom and it was dark. Emilia went along with it and started to make spooky noises. After a trip to the doctor and two weeks later her eye is almost white again. I was sure she would be blind in that eye. Then our renter was ready to skip to another place with out finding replacements and wanted something cheaper. A contract is a contract and the market is different in March than August... Oh the stress, but I am loving the law of contract!
We are taking our first real family vacation in many years and have had trouble with our car rental. We tried to reserve a 6 passenger and they would charge us once the car was confirmed. One was not to be had. Instead someone thought it ok to give us a 5 seater. (Three is the magic number- kids that is) They imposed a reservation on us that would not fit the family, charged our card, and now gave us a fine for cancelling a reservation we did not make and we can't get a hold of anyone who will do anything!!
On the upside, Atlas' cast could come off in a week, but we'll be out of town, so he has to wait. Where we are going is supposed to be 10 degrees Celsius warmer (I don't know what that translates to in Fahrenheit, but a lot more). I should be done writing anything that needs to be written and all I'll need to do is get a bit of a tan while I revise for my exams at the end of the month. Oh, and the icing on the cake is that I finally went to the salon to get my hair done and it is the funniest (ugliest) color. Think tree-trunk and stripes or a skunk. I had the girl re-do it and she tried with out much success. I won't ever go back to her. The next month will continue to be hat time- lovely pictures to follow... I am still able to smile so nothing is life shattering. And instead of having a break-down, I baked two cakes in one afternoon and have taken some beautiful walks. Glasgow is getting some color.
Tuscany, let the sun shine on us... PLEASE!

11 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh Bridget, I bet you were so freaked out about Amelia's eye! Sometimes it just pours. It seems that "the sun" may be just around the corner. Hang in there.

I'm waiting for the sun here as well!

Jenny said...

I'm sure that time in tuscany will heal you all!

Michelle said...

That sounds completely crazy. Thank the lord for contracts except that one that cheated you out of a 6 seat car. Have a wonderful time with your family in Tuscany!

theleguis said...

oh bridget you poor thing. i can't handel the flu very well. Im not strong enough...i love reading your thoughts.
well i felt sorry for you and then you mentioned tuscany and i don't feel so sorry for you anymore!!! j/k good luck with the car rental. we rented in argetnina this time and i was terrified it would turn out abit like that but it turned out great. (not to rub it in) anyways.. have fun in tuscany sounds liek youre due

suvi said...

Vacations and warm weather make everything better. You'll get the papers done, even if it you have to pull an all nighter. I love that instead of moping you made cakes! And tell those sweet kids of yours I hope they get better soon!

Francie Bragg said...

Oh Bridget! I'm so glad nothing was worse than that. You need a break to rest and read. Too bad we can't go shopping together. That cures a lot! I love you dearly. xoxoxox

Unknown said...

I had to smile while I read your post. You always could weather life with a smile. Doesn't it seem like life comes at you full-force for awhile and then it eases up? How wonderful that you get to recharge your batteries in Italy. I am so happy for you. Good luck on your exams. You'll do well, as usual. And what a perfect way to beat the crummies... cake!

charles said...

What are those cakes?

I'm glad Mimi isn't blind. I hadn't heard that story!

mmattin said...

I love reading about your life. Miss you!

lucy said...

I'm sorry to hear everything bad that has transpired but sounds like you are holding steady. good girl.

charles said...

Are you done with finals?? I was praying for you.

xoxoxo