Saturday, January 3, 2009

My vacation is almost over!


These three weeks we have done it all! Had Lovely family in town-
(this is the park behind our house) we miss Dreamy (Dries) terribly, celebrated a birthday- Atlas turned 12! Christmas, our 13 anniversary, a trip to Paris just Rich and me,


New Years and the Deadly UK Flu. I am recovering just now and the three littles are in the midst of it. Some highlights: me holding Paris who was just starting to get sick, Leif who had been complaining all morning that he was not feeling so good but begging to go play with his Scotland best friend. He told me that he felt like throwing up so I told him to go to the kitchen. He turned his head and started to throw up just as Richard walked in the door. I started laughing so hard. Poor Paris asked me why I was laughing. It was the culmination of the last 4 days. Me on the couch and now more sick kids to deal with. Poor Rich. Fast forward 16 hours. It is the early morning and I can't sleep. Dizzy and awake on the couch, Emilia enters announcing that she feels like throwing up. I tell her to go to the kitchen, she doesn't make it. Rich is asleep and the mess is up to me to clean. I wasn't laughing.

Our next challenge was getting rid of the Christmas tree. We are on the second floor of our flat and although we have wood floors, the stairs and entrance are all carpeted. There is no way that I'll vacuum up the millions of needles that will fall and neither will Rich, so our alternative is to toss the tree out our window.

It was a success!
And we never did any Christmas cards or any more Christmas pictures...

8 comments:

charles said...

Oh my gosh. That video made us laugh soooooo hard! I just wanted to help Atlas with the tree!

I'm so sorry you and your little tiny ones got sick! Poor babies. We miss you guys a ton.

Jason said...

I'm sorry you all got sick too! It is an icky flu. That first photo is awesome--our little Charla and Atlas the same size.

You had the chunkiest tree I've ever seen. I loved it.

Jason said...

it's me, Cammie

Elizabeth said...

That video is hilarious. SMart thinking. So sorry you have been sick. I can't believe Atlas is 12 and as tall as Charla.

Totobird said...

So good to hear about your holidays and to check out your photos. It makes me smile to see you and Richard in Paris. I hope you are enjoying some peace and quiet now that the kids are back in school. Sorry to hear you were all sick and I hope everyone is back to their old selfs. Our Hawaii trip was idealic and I keep going there in my mind. Did you wait until your neighbors were sleeping before you pushed the tree out the window? Please give belated birthday wishes to Atlas from all of us. We love and miss you.
FYI this is Chris not Toto

Unknown said...

I can't believe you threw the tree out the window! That was hilarious. Sucks to be sick over the break, but probably better than while you are in school and trying to do a million things. How lucky you are to go to Paris together. So jealous!!
Atlas is freaking tall these days. When did that happen?

steph said...

Hey Bridget-
Just checkin in and sayin Hi! I love the video too! Your posts make me giggle...Look at these kids getting so big, sigh. Take care!
Steph H.

familia Bybaran said...

I love that video. Hilarious. I love reading about what you guys are up to. Paris for Christmas without the kids? I can only dream....maybe next year.