Saturday, January 17, 2009

Back to the Grind...

The good news is that I passed my Criminal Law Class- with a nice grade. Not an A, but close... I am very relieved. All during the break I was planning my return to the states. I thought about admitting defeat. Quitting. It was all set... and then I passed! So we are here and it feels good.

I tried to make books for the kids for Christmas, but that didn't happen. I thought about baking, but that didn't happen either. For Atlas' birthday he got a giant store-bought panatone! The shame of having a store-bought cake! However, I did relax and finally go to the movies (after not going for 4 months) and I did make the books for the kids when they went back to school- maybe I'll give the books to them for Valentine's Day...


I love living here. I was really prepared for rain and rain and rain. It hasn't been awful (yet?). The days are short and the sun sometimes doesn't come out but there are still a few roses in bloom in the odd garden and hydrangeas are starting to bud. It is still so green. The trees, even without their leaves, are majestic. And best of all, I love the buildings- the church spires and towers.

8 comments:

joan said...

Way to go, beautiful lady. We knew you could do it. After all your hard work you passed with flying colors. Even with hard work life can sometimes be mean, the professors throw curve ball questions. You studied smarter and it paid off.

Love the books too!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah!!!
I am glad things are going well!

charles said...

You are so awesome. I'm so proud of my birdy-boo!


Yes, it was always so nice seeing the triangle of towers (trinity and the white tower) and being able to see my "home" from just about anywhere... now it is your home!

Cammie said...

I'm so happy for you and proud of you. You are so awesome!

suvi said...

Congratulations, Smart Lady!! You are amazing, there in Scotland with your family and in school. So glad to hear that you are still looking up and appreciating the spires. At the end of last semester I realized that it had been 4 months since i had looked up and notices the moon shining over the skyscrapers of New York- What a waste! My goal for this semester is to study hard, but not lose sight of the amazing place where I live. It's important.

Giandrea said...

All I can think to say to you is the cheer the little black girls always do at the park behind my parents' house.

You are dynamite! [Oh yeah!] You are dynamite! [uh-huh] And when you mess with dynamite the click goes tic, tic, tic, tic, BOOM-Dynamite BOOM BOOM-dynamite!!!!

Ramona said...

Oh to be able to take a quick trip to Paris! You are SO lucky!! Congrats on passing your class!

Unknown said...

I love your creativity and ability to roll with things. What an adventure you are living right now. Congrats on your class. Why do we doubt our own abilities? Of course you passed and with flying colors, too. One of the things I love about our little neighborhood are all the different chapels around. I'll send you pics. Nothing compared to Scotland but still lovely.