Thursday, December 18, 2008

Relief!


So I have finished the last of my exams and now it is Christmas time. (It hasn't felt like it yet) I am relieved and trying to not worry! I get my results in January sometime so until then... I have a three week break, one of which is when the kids are back in school. It will be like old times and me a stay at home mom again.

We haven't taken a successful Christmas photo yet. Our next appointment is this Saturday. We bought a tripod which was hard because we have 2 in storage. But now I can play photographer! This is one picture that is not going to be used- it is in front of Glasgow University. Any Harry Potter Fans? Does it look familiar?

Charla is coming from Rotterdam for Christmas so us "three little girls" will be together for an entire week. We are ready to PARTY.

My other news is that we bought a car last week. Our "new" car is a Mercedes. It is green and seats 7. It is an '85! It looks nice but smells so so so bad! The night we bought it Rich took it for a little drive- his first on the "wrong" side of the road and rolled down a window that the seller told us didn't work... It went down perfectly, but not back up! It stayed down for an entire week- in the rain and rain and rain- there weren't any sunny days. But now we have a car! I plan on taking it all over the UK. While I was depressed during my studying I planned many trips. Richard is excited to work on it and found a few same models on the internet that have over a million miles on them- with the original engine! Ours doesn't have near that many... It may have been very inexpensive, but hopefully we will have some good times with it.

The painting behind us is so cool, but because the lack of the light it is blurry and it was a stressful day so we didn't try too hard to get a good picture but if you look closely there are some very beautiful dead animals. I liked the boar best.

11 comments:

charles said...

You are a family of Elflings! So beautiful. I love both photos, but am partial to the one with the painting behind you. It is closer and I can see your gorgeous faces. Did Atlas get a haircut? Everyone's hair looks great.

Unknown said...

I love the pics. The car sounds fabulous. I am jealous, a seven seater. I knew you'd get through finals with no problems. Enjoy your vacation. Isn't time with sisters the best? Miss you.

joan said...

We saw your blog earlier and wanted to comment but our electricity went out - three times today. We should be use to this by now. One day we got stuck in the elevator, only seven minutes. We are so proud of your amazing beginning in law school. Glad you now have a car to jump into for some fun road trips. (Be careful at the roundabouts!)Love the Christmas picture. After your next attempt we will vote on our favorite. Like the serious expressions on the boys in front of the painting. Okay, so one more thought. In that last week of break be sure to get creative in the kitchen and blog the results. Bob and I miss your yummy and artistic food.

Cammie said...

P--IS FOR PARTY. A---IS FOR ALL NIGHT. R--IS FOR RADICAL. T--IS FOR TONIGHT. Y--IS FOR YOU AND YOU KNOW WHAT TO SO LETS PARTY. . .

Suzy said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog!! I'm glad you liked our ecard. I've been totally keeping up with you by reading your blog. I am so blown away by your guts to pick up and move to Europe and go back to school!! How adventurous is that?? You're amazing. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I love all of your pictures any of them would be great for a Christmas card!!

Much love,
Suzy

Ramona said...

Yeah finals are over! Enjoy your rest--the week sans kids sounds so fun. I love the perspective you have looking back at life as a stay at home mom and your adventures now! How great to change things up and appreciate all of the greatness that each kind of life offers. Happy New Year's!

KM said...

Congrats to you and Richard and the kids for crossing this big finish line. Even though it's only one semester, it is an important one. The nice thing about the rest of law school now is that they can't really throw anything at you that you haven't already experienced or expect. Hope you guys had a great first Christmas in the UK.

Chris said...

Hi Everyone,
I bet you are having a great break. I am sure you are making the most of the time off and exploring your new home. We are thinking of you and wishing you a Happy New Year! We will be ringing in the new year with Jason and Gina and their friends. It will be entertaining. Happy Holidays from Hawaii.

Ingrid said...

Bridget--
I am a blog-novice but hoped that this would work to contact you. My Bridget wants to e-mail Leif. Can you e-mail me and let me know if that's OK? It's ingridsorensen@mac.com.
Best wishes to all--
Looks like you are having a blast!
Love, Ingrid

Elizabeth said...

I need more posts! I miss you guys. Hope you are having a great Holiday!

theleguis said...

I cannot let fede see these pics. i just cut dantes hair (too short) and he is not happy about it. he will die of jealousy if he see your kids luscious locks. the kids 9 and you guys) are just adorable.