Thursday, October 2, 2008

From Sunglasses to Umbrella and back again and again...

Winston Churchill was reported to have said of the 6 weeks that he spend in Edinburgh, "It only rained twice. One time for 4 weeks and another for 2"- last week it did not rain at all. On Monday I wore my newest pair of shoes: lovely leopard print flats that are probably more suitable as a pair of house slippers. I would never classify my self as a slave to fashion, but I am quite partial to animal print. Of course only a wee bit of animal print. I have a pair of leopard print tights (that I have owned for over 2 years and have never worn) and a headband that my girls wear. Of course I also have 2 or 3 other leopard print shoes, but they are in storage... Well on Monday it rained. By the time I walked the kids to school and I got to school, my cute, sexy shoes were wet. The water had soaked the bottoms of my jeans, and I did not get dry until I got home around 4. On Tuesday I wore another pair of flats- some leather peep toes that are quite suitable for walking, just not the rain. I left the house wearing them and a pair of sunglasses. Around noon it rained, and then after my last lecture it was sunny again and then it rained and then was sunny....
The colors of Glasgow are changing. Now the trees have pale green, yellow, orange and purple leaves.

7 comments:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

cute shoes! I can't believe you are living there. I am so jealous. When you get time, i would love a post on food, expenses of things, etc. What a fun adventure your cute family is on!

charles said...

Adorable shoes. I love those fall colors in the Kelvingrove park!

Cammie said...

I hear ya! And yes, adorable shoes.

Megan and Vinny said...

wow, box up those purple leaves for later. what a treat!

Ramona said...

Ok, I want a pair of those yellow ones in U.S. size 6 1/2 please!! If you have time, you could go into the shoe export business!! You are amazing, posting on the blog, going to lecture, dropping kids off at school!! Cristy Powell and I were just talking about you last night--we miss you!

Shauna said...

The park looks beaufiful and so do the kids. Your feet are not bad either. Of course you have cute shoes! That's just not a surprise!

joan said...

Your blogging a bit and we are finally reading a bit and catching up. Love the shoes, rain, bakeries and all of it. You know how to paint a picture that makes us feel like we are there.
Monsoon now in India and we wear Crox. Ugly! But the rain goes right through. Puddles on our street are about eight inches. The cross street got up to a foot. yesterday.