Monday, October 27, 2008

Dublin, Dad and a Birthday!


Richard finally made it to Scotland- for the first time ever. We met in Dublin and had a great weekend. The kids are so very glad to have him back! I am too... My load is a bit lessened. Paris turned 5 yesterday! I really find it so hard to believe the fast passage of time. I can't believe that my youngest is 5. 5 is so much older sounding than 4. 5 is a little girl- 4 just a toddler. Paris was insistent on decorating her cake and that it be 5 layers. I cheated a bit with a 3 layer mini cake at the top- her piece, but it fit the bill. 5 layers and she put in the candles and flowers. I flavored the cake with cardamon- it was very subtle and in the frosting I added rose water. Just a little and it was very strong. All the kids liked it but I thought it much better today! It needed some time to mellow. In storage I have a nice collection of cake stands- here a plate that doesn't quite fit the cake!

4 comments:

familia Bybaran said...

Yay! I just saw your blog. You made it out there! Congratulations. I saw the pictures of your place. It's gorgeous. I am so happy for you. Must be so nice to be there. Good luck with everything. I am excited to read your blog and hear about your adventures.

Ramona said...

You are the most prolific law school baker that I have ever known! I challenge any law student to bake as much as you do!!

Bridget said...

Hopefully it is not to my detriment- some students go to the pub to chill and I relieve stress by baking!

Cammie said...

I love your creative cakes! You always impress me.