Monday, November 12, 2007

A perfect day


What makes a perfect day? For me it really depends on what I want to accomplish. This past weekend I think that my family had a perfect day- I got up around 8 and cleaned the kitchen- not too bad because I went to bed the night before at 8:30! Rich got up a bit later and helped me. I made biscuits from scratch, fried up some turkey bacon, eggs, and we had a mellon from Green river that was perfect- even in November!!, and peppermint tea and juice. All of us sat down to breakfast by 9:30 and we talked and planned Thanksgiving. Next the kids cleaned up their stuff and Rich and I did the dishes (again) and cleaned the kitchen and whatever else that needed attention, we went to the park and walked and played catch and hit a baseball. It was so beautiful and the weather a bit chilly, and no one was there! On our way home we ran into some friends and they ended up coming over and having lunch- I made oatmeal cookies and then they left with out staying too long. We did dishes (again) and just hung out with the kids. Paris had a late nap and we had pancakes for dinner and then put the kids to bed and did dishes (again). Rich and I hung out a bit. We played games on orisinal.com (you should check it out- it is great for kids) and Paris awoke at 9 p.m. and we fed her 6 pancakes and she was still hungry! Then we went to bed- Paris too. It was just a nice day- we didn’t try to accomplish anything. We just wanted to have a nice day! We did.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love when we are all together as a family and the day just works.
But I have to say my perfect day wouldn't include so much time cleaning the kitchen.:)

mobasfuck said...

I am obsessive about that. It HAS to be clean! It is a bad day if the kitchen is dirty!

Cammie said...

I am too! Even at you age Kongfuui!

Bridget, what a great day and I love the leaves. It is like that here too! Soren like to fun through them and we made big piles that he calls snowmen.

Bridget said...

Paris wants to make a leaf house- and that was me, not Atlas- I wish that he was obsessed about cleaning- but its only skateboarding!

charles said...

YOU'RE the perfect day.