Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Preview


I am always glad for a run-through for Halloween. We forget stuff and some things just don't turn out as planned! We went to a magical Halloween Carnival on Saturday night in Salt Lake and needed to get the kids ready. The night was so fun. It was amazing! It was in a big backyard and there was live haunting music, a real fortune teller, a freak show with a bearded lady and a two headed baby (one of the heads had fangs too!), a unicorn horn, a bycycle made of bones and lots of other scary stuff, fire dancers, and a fantastic reptile show! It was all free too! During the reptile show, Leif and Emilia were wrapped up by a 14 foot python and Atlas helped hold a 120 pound anaconda! I took the little kids to get their fortune told and the lady was only going to let them draw one card, but both Leif and Emilia drew the sword/ sorrow card first that she had them draw two more- I am going to have to brush up on my Tarro reading to better interprete that! We all had a blast!
This is my attempt at a girl pirate cake!

9 comments:

Elizabeth said...

The kids look great in their costumes. What a fun night, how awesome.

Megan and Vinny said...

hooray for halloween! your kids look awesome and what a great night. your cake is adoreable.

charles said...

Leif is the swankiest wizard ever. And what was Atlas? "Too Cool"? Oh yes! I've heard of those creatures!

Bridget said...

Yes, he was too cool last year too! But not after so many tears of not getting it right. I think he just gave up! I've tried to get him to be a vampire, bandit... nothing is good enough- cool enough

Cammie said...

he should be a skater or a surfer! Love love love the photos and reading all of the stuff.

pcottontail said...

What about some olive branches for Atlas as a costume? He already looks like a Greek God to me with those golden locks and timeless good looks.
Leif has a totally serious wand. I want that costume bad. Charla and I are still deliberating about naming our child "Wizard".

charles said...

P.S. I was serious that day.

Michelle said...

Wow!!! That tops it all! How fun, that's my kind of party. My grandmother used to be a spiritualist before she joined the church after she passed away my aunt showed me her crystal ball that she saved- she was totally into all that stuff- How fun!

Bridget said...

Wow- a crystal ball- that's awesome!