Thursday, October 4, 2007

Creativity


I really want to be creative. I am in the kitchen, but I want to expand what I do, so after neglecting the house for 3 days I finally made birthday hats. Paris' birthday is coming up and I have been wanting to make these paper hats for about 2 years, but because everything has to be perfect it hasn't happened. My house has to be clean, I need uninterrupted time, all the right tools (my kitchen has it all), and the right space where I can leave my project. That is a big order to fill and it most likely won't happen like I want it untill all my kids are gone. So with a little motivation from Rich I made 3 hats! It feels so great!


The first hat is for Paris' birthday and the other two are for her two little friends who are having a double birthday party later today!
Late Tuesday night after a late dinner and a late bedtime I made lunch and dinner for Wednesday- that is how I had time to do that hats- not having to cook dinner- and I do put all the pressure on myself to have it be just right. I made little tin meat pies and shepherd's pie. The meat pies I sent with the kids to school with reservations. They are different and I had never made them before... would the kids eat them? When I picked them up from school I asked how their lunches were and Atlas and Emilia told me how much they loved the pies! Emilia told me she wished that I had sent three with her! I asked Leif about it- one never knows with him and he said that he liked them too. I think that he threw it away without tasting, but for his after school snack he ate 2 more!
The nest Richard found back in July. He took the kids to Hobble Creek and found it, but back then it had 4 little blue eggs in it. Luckily he remembered where it was and showed it to me!

7 comments:

charles said...

my blood runs cold!
my memory has just been sold!
bridget is the center-fold,
bridget is the center-fold!

i saw you and mini mila in a magazine!
two blonde angels.

Cammie said...

I love those hats! So amazing and I know the little girls will love them! Paris' is especially darling!

sun moon rainbow farmer said...

Bridget, I love your blog!!! Your party hats made me squeel with delight- you are amazing!

charles said...

i made the pumpkin cake with maple frosting in your honor--and for my tastebuds--last night.

I will go have some right now. Actually, after dinner.

Cammie said...

PS. Soren gave me a hat today for my Birthday and it was a strainer for the pasta! I totally wore it for a while and at one point I forget it was on my head!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my, those are so beautiful. They turned out great. I am glad you were able to make the time to create.

suvi said...

Bridget, you are the best mommy in the world! those hats are amazing! Exactly perfect for little girls, and something that I know i would've loved as a kid.

suvi