Tuesday, February 22, 2011

an example...


I walked into my last class of the day just a little bit late because I had been chatting with a friend. Tuesdays are my long days. I have class straight through with no (real) break from 9am to 5:40... I sat down in my assigned seat- front and center-because the very first day of that class started off bad (another story). I suddenly realized that my contract that I turned in the other night was up on the big screen. I wanted to walk right back out. He was discussing that assignment. I had given the contract assignment my best effort and then turned it in a few hours early. It was due by/before midnight. I turned it in at 6:30pm- done. Finished. I hopped I passed the assignment and never wanted to look at it again. Now it was being used as an example. Ugh. My worst nightmare. As I sat down the professor said that he had removed the name of the student because in earlier classes people complained that it was too embarrassing. Thanks for making me anonymous. I was still horrified as I tried to nonchalantly stare at the screen looking at red text, blue text and highlighted text. I saw squiggly red lines underlining text. The paper I turned in was all in black. I really wanted to giggle. I kept my calm- though I am sure my face was red. Only the professor could see my face. I tried to cover it partially with my water bottle as I took many drinks. Then he said, "I only use examples that are A's". Still though, the time going over the contract was way too long.

He told me he said no.

3 comments:

David T. Macknet said...

Yeah ... that would certainly not be a happy feeling, particularly by surprise!

Cammie said...

I know! I got stressed as I was reading this. But, you got an A right?! That is something grand.

charles said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh please pretty please make Leif say "Yes!"

that breaks my heart that he said no!