Friday, October 15, 2010

Therapy


I think I would love a therapist. For the time being baking is my therapy. Last week was rough. I had a lot to do- everyone did, and well, sometimes life is just hard. I love Autumn. I feel like time passes fast (too fast) and with each season's passing I really feel it. I get sad that my kids are growing so fast- well anyways I think that when I wish that I could crawl into bed and sleep and go back in time, I bake. I think it is my lowest- Rich thinks it is when I have already hit rock bottom and am slowly coming out of it. Which ever it is baking is part of the recovery. I made pumpkin pancakes mid week for breakfast. Mid week!! I think Thursday I made banana bread. Then I made apple cake and flapjacks (scottish ones) Friday evening and then pumpkin scones Saturday morning. I also made pumpkin "latte" for the kids. That was a hit- sweetened milk with pumpkin puree and spices. All warmed up. It went great with the banana bread. Then I was better. I am trying to keep up with my therapy. Today I made pumpkin bread and zucchini bread- both with chocolate chips.So yummy warm out of the oven with butter. I feel good. It also doesn't hurt that the weather has been amazing- fantastic. Way better than I ever hoped.

3 comments:

charles said...

I always loved your pumpkin _____________ (cookies, bread) and now pumpkin latte???? Please give me the recipe!! I'm making pumpkin cookies tonight--I've been so excited to.

Miss you!

Elizabeth said...

I miss you all so much, and sitting in your kitchen and talking to you while you bake. It is therapy for me also!

Cammie said...

I love you, Bridget, and I really really miss you. I'm just remembering how great it is to hug you! I'm glad the weather is lovely for you and your bread and latte sound just like all the other perfectly wonderful things you do in the kitchen.

xo