Thursday, October 28, 2010

Another year older...

My baby turned 7 this week. Wow. Seven sounds so much older than six and way older than five, and well, she isn't a baby anymore. She has been counting down her birthday for weeks now. The night before, she was so excited that she got in bed early, but was too excited that she couldn't fall asleep! Normally the last one up in the morning, she awoke way before her breakfast in bed was ready and politely demanded why we were not circled around her singing when I walked through her room! She is so funny. She received a few packages in the mail in the days leading up to her birthday and she could not decide what to open first! I took the day off and we had a picnic in the park. I told her she could choose anything for lunch- we could go anywhere (close by). She only wanted to eat Top Ramen! I NEVER buy it! Well she had it for lunch. I baked this cake and it was a great day to mark another year gone by. I still get a little sad that time passes so fast and my babies are not babies. Although, they will always be my babies.

4 comments:

Cammie said...

I love Paris!!! Give her a big hug from us.

That cake is awesome too!

David T. Macknet said...

She's looking distinctly predatory towards that cake! :)

charles said...

Oh! I miss her so much! There is a little tiny 20 month old in my new ward who reminds me of her because she is so darling.

Give her kisses and hugs from me. xx

Francie Bragg said...

Give Paris kisses for us. We love you!