Tuesday, July 7, 2009

family vacation


To say that we are geographically challenged might be a bit of an understatement. When we got off the plane in Beauvais the sun was shining and it was so warm. Deliciously warm. Our apartment for the week was up 108 steps (the Sacre Coeur is up 211 steps). It was at the top of a 5 story building and we climbed them at least once a day- sometimes 2 or 3 times. We showed our kids such a good time that they all agreed that they would like Paris to be their next home!



I have been to Paris many times. I stayed outside the city for a few months and took the train in almost every day, but this trip was the first time I saw the Moulin Rouge and took a ride on the Batteau Mouche.

From bike riding (the Velib is awesome and so simple to use), to rowing boats, swimming in fountains and pony riding, we absolutely love Paris. Richard is already checking out Masters of International Law Programs in France for me...

6 comments:

joan said...

So many thoughts I may comment more than once. I started laughing though I will say this thought first. Be careful what you wish for. You could become the Liz of the east. Company all summer long. The McKinleys were brought up on Monet and the Eiffel Tower.

steph said...

I love it bridget! Your kids sound like they are just like you-on to the next country! Looks lovely. Summer here is going way too fast-so green this year-mtns are gorgeous! Have a great summer, take care!

charles said...

Oh Bird, it sounds so dreamy! I don't think your visit here can top it, but we will sure try to take second!

Two weeks to sister party!

Giandrea said...

oh you guys.... of course you would just move to paris. as always--dreamy

Ramona said...

Glad that the kids liked Paris--re: moving for additional grad. work, I say--Do it!! More education is always a great excuse in my opinion--look at how long I milked that one!! How fun to plan your next adventure. We had a great 4th of July at your old house watching the parade--it felt like old times except that you guys weren't there.

Living in Luxembourg said...

So close, yet so far away! When are you going to come visit us in Luxembourg? We're waiting!
Jocelyn