Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Moving

Moving is hard. Saying goodbye is hard. Packing up the house is hard. Getting rid of stuff is fun. I love throwing stuff away that I have never really liked. I just wish that some of the stuff had gone way sooner! Here are some photos of things that I will miss: my front yard garden that I wanted to do for yearsMy newly painted stairs that I wanted to do but was lazy so it took a while
when I do the dishes I see sunflowers and with them the birds
I love the attic
my gate to the backyard turned out so beautiful (our neighbor made it)
I will miss the watermelon and tomatoes, the birdhouse gourds that are growing up my walkway arch, the sunny days here and all my friends and the kids' friends.

11 comments:

pcottontail said...

Throwing away stuff is also a love of mine.

So...is this the appropriate forum to say congratulations?...B/c you deserve some congratulations.

Jenny said...

Here, here! Congrats Bridget. I am so excited for you.

charles said...

I'm so excited for your move. Almost as excited as you are! Change makes us better people, I think, and you are the best! Congratulations, too! I love you!

TopHat said...

Where are you going? I didn't know you were moving!

BirdieMann said...

I like throwing away stuff during the moving process, too! =) But where are YOU going?

Elizabeth said...

You totally transformed that house. It was fun to watch. You have the magic touch.
What an adventure you have ahead of you!

Cammie said...

I LOVE getting rid of stuff too. And yes, you have made your house so amazing! I never saw the front garden but the photo looks beautiful.

Are you going to do a post about where you're going soon? I know but the suspense is still hard :0)!!

Can't wait to see you soon.

charles said...

and bird, you are ANYTHING BUT lazy. so there.

Cassandra Barney said...

I've had a grin on my face ever since I heard the news. B...you rawk! I'm so excited for you. You are at the top of my "women I respect" list.
XOX, Cass

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

I was just telling david a while back that when we move back to utah i want a house just like yours. You have transformed that home. I remember seeing it before you all moved in and i loved it then too. Where are you moving to? change is always good, but sad to leave your favorite people around you. good luck

Megan and Vinny said...

bird, where are you moving? i'm dying to know because i'm really hoping it's california. any chance? love you!!!! megan