Thursday, August 28, 2008

Back to School


I really wanted to put up a clip of Rodney Dangerfield's Back to School. He really cracks me up. And I feel like him! OK so I am not going to be way older than everyone else, I am just going to feel WAY older. Richard told me I don't have to tell anyone that I have four kids and I don't have to wear my wedding ring! Yes, I am going back to school... To the University of Glasgow. I applied late. They let me in! I am going to study law. It has been crazy. We have been planning on moving to CA for a while and now the kids and I are going to Glasgow. In 10 days! Rich will follow later. We get 2 bags each! I have put everything into storage! My last hurdle is getting a student visa... Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I have to read 2 books on law before my classes start.

12 comments:

TopHat said...

Good luck at law school!

Midge said...

Wow, congratulations! I'd say I'm going to miss you except we never got a chance to meet and I'm sure you will keep the blog going, thankfully.
I think I'll try to talk my husband into aplying there, that is if McCain gets elected, God help us all.
I'm jeleous, good luck, I know you will do amazing.
p.s. I want your house.

charles said...

bird, you could read the encyclopedia--oh, i mean encyclopaedia! in about two days, so two books?...no problem.

Megan and Vinny said...

wow... how absolutely exciting! you are so spontaneous and full of surprises. how far will you be from cammie? how long do you anticipate being there? i have so many questions for you...

most of all i want to say congratulations and have a thrilling time!
love, megan

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

holy crow this is exciting! good for you. How far will you be from cammie? how long will you be there? How exciting. I want details/

paigemoe said...

Oh my lordy lordy! When Bridget moves, she moves! WOW! Good luck! You are going to do fantastic in law school. I am so excited for you. Please keep the blog going so I can keep track of you. Hugs!!!

Living in Luxembourg said...

Hopefully we'll get to see you once you're on this side of the Atlantic! Ryan Air does Frankfurt Hahn to Glasgow or by car it's only 10-11 hours. We'll find a way to visit!
Jocelyn

Giandrea said...

oh yes, we heard about this exciting news. way to go! the fact that you have four kids makes it all the better.

Shauna said...

Hey there Bridget. I hope you guys had a great moving trip. Two bags each, huh? That's really cutting it down. Sweet feeling. We really don't need that much, right?
I can't wait to see your next post. I'd like to see your flat and school etc.

Cammie said...

Yeah, I agree with Andrea and you will rule the school. I think you'll also find that there are quite a few families with a parent in school. You're hardcore!

Michelle said...

Congratulations!!! So excited for you and Cammie! I'm sure the support of family will be a great help! I'm so very excited for you and your family!

theleguis said...

tha tis exciting. we'll have to keep track of you through your blog. Have fun !