Wednesday, July 9, 2008

sister power

This visit of my sister has been different. For one, we didn't do much shopping. Most of the time was spent in the mountains. We went to Cascade Springs and to Bridal Vail falls where the boys disobeyed and climbed to the top of the falls. Francie and I were so mad. I had just told the boys to not go very far... you can barely see them! We went to Sundance and on the way up purchased 18 corndogs from Wienerschnitzel. Our record is 19. I was laughing so hard that I had trouble ordering. Each kid got 3... On the chair lift up to the top of Sundance, Denny lost his flip flop. After our corn dog feast (not including moms) Francie took him back to find replacement shoes and we were planning to meet either on the trail or at the bottom. I took the remaining 5 and we hiked to the falls. Leif lost his flip flop in the river. I couldn't believe it. We were half way through- 1.5 miles back up and 1.5 miles down. He hiked barefoot- "no shoes is better than one" to the top and was a total champ. We met Francie at the bottom and got a good laugh because between the boys, they had a pair of shoes. Denny lost the right shoe and Leif the left! She left yesterday with ALL my kids! No one has taken all 4 before! The best part is that I get to be home! I have already painted the bathroom and the stairs- walls and tread! I love sisters!

6 comments:

charles said...

How fun! I love Utah hiking! The kids must be so happy to be all together.

18 corndogs?! You certainly made it the most wanted wiener. What did you and Francie eat?

Bridget said...

We split a kneaders classic turkey with cranberry sauce on foccacia. We supplemented their wieners with dried fruit, organic cereal bars and a lot of water. Hopefully their once every 2-3 years binge of corn dogs won't hurt them! :)

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

what a cute little family. Youre als so beautiful! I love bridal veil falls, we miss it up there.

Cammie said...

The photos are so beautiful! The kids are all so cute and I can't believe they ate all of those corn dogs!!! (Do you remember when we got sick from eating them when we were little)?

Suzy said...

Bridget,

What gorgeous pictures!! Looks like a lot of fun. I just got back from Utah where I was disappointed to hear you left town right when I got there. I saw your house, wish I could have seen you . . . Edie and I had planned to come visit you. Hopefully, next time.

Hope you had a good trip--did you go to San Diego?

Love, Suzy

Suzy said...

P.S. I got tickets to see Feist next Tuesday in San Diego at Humphrey's!!! Will you be there???