Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Updates


Yesterday morning Richard found Poppet and Snowball eating together out of Poppet's bowl! We had a few close calls over the weekend where we thought the bird was a gonner. Last night when we put the chick in her (hopefully) coop, she was quite wet from being licked.
Emilia and Paris had their annual dance performance- both tapping. It amazes me how calm and chill they are when performing in front of hundreds. It was a packed house and a large studio... Rich and I took them out to eat- it was a girl's night with dad. The boys went to friends' houses.
Also this weekend I finished planting (for now) in my garden. I have had to pull out sunflowers and hollyhocks like they were dandelions! And of course Sunday brunch with blueberry streusel scones, lots of homemade granola, yogurt and hot chocolate!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I just snacked on some of your homemade granola. Yum! We loved our package, you are the best!
Your garden looks great and I love the gate.

charles said...

yummy streusel! dream mom! I need to see the girls' performance when you come.

Poor little chick. I was wondering what poppet would do to it.

TopHat said...

Oh man. I wish I had done some sort of dance as a kind. I'm jealous!

And your chick seems to be doing pretty well for itself!

Cammie said...

So perfect!! I wish we were there for brunch it all looks so pretty. Mila and Paris are gems I'm sure their performance was so darling.

Cassandra Barney said...

Wait! My garden doesn't look like that. How did you do it? I paint for a few minutes then I go check on my little plants...then I paint for a minute and check on my little plants. They are not jump'n out of the ground to greet me.
I might need some garden tips.
Weve been talk'n about exotic chickens around here. My dad wants them but wants me to take care of them. What?!

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

Your garden looks great! what a yummy brunch.