Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I spy

Here is a photograph of most of the treasures that I have collected the past few months from the washer. My kids love to keep things in their pockets.

Today as Paris and I were getting in the car to pick up the big kids she said, “Ester cut her hair. It is so short. I’m never going to play with her again.” I didn’t say anything to her, but inside I was laughing so hard. First, Ester is 2 years older and has never played with Paris. Paris has wanted to play with our little neighbor but it has yet to happen. Second, all I could think of was how devastated I was when Emilia cut her hair when she was just 2 and it was finally starting to grow. And how she and Leif cut it again when it was finally looking “normal”. That second time I found the hair and the scissor about a week later stuffed in a pillowcase along with My Little Pony hair. I think I had a talking to both of them again when I found the loot and until Emilia was in first grade I was very wary of her having scissors. I let both her preschool teacher and her kindergarten teacher know that she needed supervision with cutting tools!

The Williams-Sonoma apple spice cake.

The best oatmeal cookies EVER!

1 C Butter 1 C sugar 1 C brown sugar 1 tsp vanilla 2 eggs 1 1/2 C flour 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp cinnamon 3 C rolled oats
Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs. Beat well. Add dry ingredients. Drop onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Recipe from the Tillamook butter box!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can't wait to try your recipes. They both look great.
Your little washer collection is so funny.

Michelle said...

I was laughing while reading this! I feel so lucky that Rose has never conceived the idea of cutting her hair, only Maude. The cake looks awesome!

Cammie said...

Bird, I love you! Paris is so darling and honest. Remember when mila used to ask me if I was a boy when I had really short hair?

The food looks so lovely and YOU are so lovely. I miss you.

charles said...

We have no raisins! and I want those cookies! What is by the peaches...what is that white fluffy stuff on the side...

Whipped cream--
Clotted cream--
Ice cream--
Which?

Yummy food
Tummy food
Kitchen food
Let's Switch!

Cammie said...

I love the collection you've started as well!

Bridget said...

It is whipping cream. I sold out and started buying the already whipped stuff (Land O Lakes). Maybe for Christmas I'll get a fancy one from Williams-Sonoma!