Sunday, December 6, 2009

December!

Time is passing way too fast. The kids are getting older: Atlas will be a teenager in a few weeks... can I really have a teenager? In trying to be 'on the ball', Rich and I bought the kids' advent calendars a few weeks early. I put them on top of the fridge and promptly two fell in between the wall and some panelling. There was no way to get to them.... Richard came up with the idea to fish them out after attempting to unscrew the sub-wall and moving the fridge... Thank you Grandpa Frank for ensuring that we have a fishing rod and that my kids can fish!

It worked!

I went to London for a quick trip to a Human Rights Seminar with another girl from my class. We took an overnight bus there and back! I'll never take the bus to London again, but had a fun time! Before the seminar we did a bit of shopping and site seeing. I like London! I Love London! Maybe some day could live in London...

When I got back it was rainy, no surprise, but the day next there was a lovely rainbow.

This morning we got our Christmas tree and the kids decorated it. I love that they have taken over! I know that one day I'll get to be in charge again, but for now am loving the break!

Exams this week... pressure. stress. very deep breathes. and yes: I chose this. I know! I know! xxx ♥

7 comments:

amyraye said...

haircuts for the boys!

good luck on finals. you CAN do it, bridget.

Elizabeth said...

They all look so cute. The haircuts do make them both look so much older. I can't believe little Atlas is going to be a teenager!

Bob and Joan said...

All Christmasy and cozy. Great post. Everyone looks beautiful, handsome and generally delightful. Liked the brain over brawn in recoverying the calendars.
Exercise that brain everyday Rich. Some day you will be 70 too.

We will send extra prayers during test time. You can do it, girl!

Chris said...

Great to see the pictures of all of you. Good luck with exams, you'll do great.

steph said...

Merry Christmas, McKinleys! You all look great. Good luck on your exams!!!! Hey, you can still complain! We all make our choices, sometimes things get crazy and stressful, right? Have a great holiday.....

Giandrea said...

Apparently other noticed what I did... THE HAIRD CUTS. I don't know if I ever would have thought I'd see those boys with short hair.

joeyandaleethea said...

How super fun!! Glad I found your blog (not sure how!) -- but I've enjoyed the lovely photos. :)