Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Love Day!



I love my kids. Sometimes more than other times. I really love it when they are in bed asleep. Last night they just would not go to sleep. Yesterday evening Emilia discovered that she lost her "writer's olympic" paper for the second time. Writer's olympic is a writing contest at my kids' school and they have been working on their papers for about a month now. She was devastated. The paper is due tomorrow, Friday! Exasperated I told her, "Oh well, I guess you cannot enter!" So I sent her to bed. After stories and lights out, I kept hearing footsteps. I went up and found the three biggest in the bathroom with the light on and sent them to bed. A little bit later Richard did the same. And again and again. At one point Richard said that they would be in the Special Olympics if they didn't get enough sleep. So this morning on the way to school, Emilia held up a bunch of papers and said that she could now be in the Writer's Olympics. Atlas helped her rewrite her story! Having written it two times before, she dictated while Atlas wrote. Apparently Atlas writes faster! I love when the get along and help each other- that is when I love them the most!

8 comments:

Cammie said...

That is the most wonderful story! I love it and love your kids. They are so sweet and loving and wonderful. . .you would have done that for me growing up! I love you!

charles said...

Oh my gosh. I love your kids. They are so sweet to each other! I love love love them!!!!! Miss miss miss them!!!!!!! And yes, that does sound like something one of us would have done for the other.

Midge said...

I love the banner you made. Hope you had a nice V-Day even if the kids were up working all night. I tried to tell my husband how funny I thought it was that your husband told your kids there were going to be joining the special olympics but it didn't translate well, I'll have to get him to read the post since you did a better job at explaining it.

Elizabeth said...

What is in your pie? That crust looks so yummy. What recipe is it?

Bridget said...

It is the ckn pot pie recipe from a few months ago. I just made hearts with the extra dough.

suvi said...

oh, your children are the most adorable ever! How awesome of Atlas to help Emilia rewrite her story. He is the best big brother in the world!

Suzy said...

That is super-cute. What sweet children you have and Richard is so funny! I love keeping up with you with your blog. I so want you to make me banners with my kids names. Do you charge per letter? Hope you had a wonderful Valentines day. Your banners are GORGEOUS!

theleguis said...

hey Bridget. so glad i found you... I love those banners. you make them right? how does one order them?