Monday, August 27, 2007

A Schedule



August 27, 2007

O.k. so it has been a week. Hallelujah! Now I just can’t wait until it is all day- they have had early out last week and this week. Labor day marks the real schedule. So now that school has started I am the taxi mom. There is ballet, ballroom, guitar, tap, swimming, and hip-hop. I am tired already! Really, I am excited and it won’t be too crazy as I have doubled up the kids and times. I would rather have them busy then bored and I really want them to have lots of options for college and scholarships and careers and hobbies. And yes I am an over achiever.

The attic is almost done. Though it has been almost done for a year now or more, it is getting close to being finished. We purchased attic windows and most likely will not do a dormer- at least not now. The trim is just about finished and the all we need to do is paint. And paint everything, even the floors and it will be all white. I can’t wait. So tomorrow I will be painting the main floor bathroom and maybe the stairwell. We have a new toilet and sink to install. It will be so nice.

The weather is cooler and bearable. Today it only reached the mid 80’s. Last night it sprinkled and it is supposed to rain tomorrow, but it never rains here! My garden is looking over grown and crazy, but that is the way I like it. The sunflowers are seeding and the birds are having a feast. We have seen finches, hummingbirds, warblers, a quail family and a few I don’t know. It is so cool doing the dishes and seeing them eat the seeds while perched on the leaves. I am glad that we don’t have a cat.

3 comments:

Bessie said...

Bridget! This is so exciting! I can't wait to read more from you. Kisses to your darlings.

Cammie said...

I love that the birds come. I bet leif is really happy about that. I remember him carrying around that bird pamphlet and being to curious about all the birds.

I love your garden too. Love that it is so lush and filled with variety.

Cammie said...

I meant to say "so curious" oops:0)